This is the personal site of Justin Neal Owings a.k.a. J.N. Owings, (J.) Neal Owings, Justin N. Owings of Atlanta, Georgia; husband, father, and brother.
Words used to characterize me include:
- Artist (pen & ink, logos, t-shirts),
- Musician (guitarist and singing … though not particularly good at either)
- Non-Theist, non-Atheist
- Health enthusiast
- Back-of-the-envelope philosopher
- General enthusiast about complexity, systems, randomness and where this is all going
Except … these are just labels, and I’m all and none of these things, exactly.
Workwise, I’ve got a storied past that began in accounting and finance, jumped to financial news circa the 2007 mortgage implosion, detoured to moonlighting as a minimalist shoe aficionado only to end up at Google on the sales-side doing storytelling and market research. That lasted some seven years before I joined former Googlers at FullStory. I grew out content at FullStory for a bit over three years before joining MURAL, where I’ve been since May 2020 leading content and comms.
This is me around the web.
I run a handful of Twitter accounts. Only two are “me” whereas the others are more about specific topics:
- @justinowings — This is my “personal” Twitter. Presently, it’s private as I’m on a hiatus from Twitter (and loving it)
- @justowings — my “work” Twitter account. This handle benefits from being focused on work topics
- I’m also at @bdayshoes (BirthdayShoes) — not regularly updated
Last updated April 2022.